Buy Now Pay Later Airline Tickets: Fly Now Pay Later
There are many airlines offering some form of fly now pay later programs for their customers. We all dream about buying a gift for ourselves or family and going on a vacation to some faraway place. We all want to escape the day to day doldrums and relax on a beach or skiing down the slopes of some killer mountain, swim with sharks in Australia or visit the pyramids in Egypt. For many, this dream may be just that due to the costs associated with flying to your destination; however, now this dream may become a reality if you know and understand which airlines offer the BNPL option.
Pay later programs are being offered by major airlines such as American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, AirTran’s, Qantas and US Airways. Additionally, travel online shopping sites such as Hotwire, STA Travel and Funjet are offering these programs as well.
The programs offered by each vary; however, we will break each one down for you so that you can understand which buy now pay later program works best for your needs. As always, please be mindful and responsible when utilizing these kinds of programs as you do not want to leave yourself with a large bill that you cannot payoff. If you cannot, you risk damaging your credit rating or worse become delinquent and have collection agencies calling you day and night (not what you would want).
American Airlines Buy Now Pay Later Program
American Airlines offers a program where if you make an airline ticket purchase of one-hundred and fifty dollars ($150) or more. You will have up to six months to pay off the full balance. With this program, in order not to be charged any interest you will need to do the following:
- Make a minimum payment each month
- Never make a late payment
- Payoff entire balance within six months
In order to take advantage of this program, you will need to apply online for and American Airlines credit card. Once you apply, you will receive and account number and notification if you have been approved within a few minutes.
If you already have an American Airlines credit card, you will not need to reapply for a new account as your current account will allow you to take advantage of the special financing offer.
Qantas Offers Book Now, Pay Later Program
Here is how Qantas program works. When booking your travel, you can pay a deposit of $25 per ticket and have the ability to hold your seat for that flight. You then can pay off the balance of the ticket as you get closer to the day you will be traveling.
There are several conditions that apply when choosing this payment option. They are:
- Only available for e-tickets with booking made out of Australia
- Not all flights and destination are offered for the program
- While your seat is on hold, your fare may change due to taxes, fees and other charges
- If you do not pay you balance in full prior to your trip, you tickets will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit if not paid by midnight of the Pay Now date
- If you cancel your tickets or pay for your tickets via Qantas Telephone Sales, you will lose your deposit
The BNPL option is not available for the following travel:
- Red e-Deal fares for domestic and New Zealand flights
- Flexi Saver domestic fares
- Round-the-world fares
- Fares booked with Classic Award, Any Seat Redemptions or Commercial Points plus Pay
- combined Qantas and Jetstar flights (for example, Gold Coast to Alice Springs booked as a combined flight from the Gold Coast to Sydney with Jetstar and from Sydney to Alice Springs with Qantas)
- Where Insurance and/or Carbon Offset is chosen.
Holding you seat is as easy as:
- If your flight is eligible, your will see the Book Now Pay Later “Hold this Seat” option on the lower right hand of your flight review along with the date that you must “pay in full”.
- Review your details and chose the “Pay Later” button
- Confirm you details and select to pay your deposit
That is it, you are all done. You will receive an email confirmation that you have made your deposit along with details of the program and when you will need to pay off the full balance. Once you pay off your full balance, you will receive another email letting you know you have paid off the tickets.
Airline & Travel Sites Who Offer Bill Me Later Programs
Looking to go to California or maybe to Europe, airlines such as US Airways, AirTran’s, United Airlines, Delta Airlines and JetBlue are offering customers the option of using PayPal’s Bill Me Later Service when booking their travel plans. In addition, travel online shopping sites such:
- European Destinations
- Latin Destinations
- Beach Destinations
United and JetBlue are offering a program that lets you fly now and pay later if your ticket purchases are a minimum of two-hundred and fifty dollars ($250). You have the option to make payments at any time and there are no minimum pays needed. The program also offers zero percent (0%) interest for six months. For new customers, United is also offering a twenty dollar ($20) statement credit (not a bad deal). In order to use this program, you must select the Bill Me Later option when checking out on their site.
Bookit.com come is currently running two offers using the Bill Me Pay Later payment option. The first is similar to United and JetBlue if your ticket purchases are a minimum of two-hundred and fifty dollars ($250), you have the option to make payments at any time and there are no minimum pays needed. The program also offers zero percent (0%) interest for six months.
The second option is if your ticket purchases are a minimum of one thousand dollars ($1000), you have the option to make payments at any time and there are no minimum pays needed. The program also offers zero percent (0%) interest for nine months.
With European, Beach and Latin Destinations, they offer no interest and payments for 6 months on purchase of three thousand dollars ($3000) or more.
Current Airline Fly Now Pay Later Deals
Several Airlines are offering FNPL deals by selecting the Bill Me Pay Later option at check out. All are offering No Payment and No Interest if you pay your bill in full within 6 months of your purchase. With most of the programs, you need to spend more than $250 or more to take advantage of the offer. The airlines offering the special program are:
- US Airways